Stephen Prentice is a registered piano technician with the Piano Technicians Guild
A Registered Piano Technicianis a member of the Piano Technicians Guild. This designation certifies that she has passed a series of 3 rigorous exams in front of a jury on the maintenance, repair and tuning of pianos. Ruth’s professional certifications and experience ensures that your piano will be serviced properly.
All Registered Piano Technicians (RPT) must adhere to the following strict Code of Ethics in order to maintain their RPT status.
Code of Ethics:
1. I will act honorably and in a professional manner.
2. I will uphold the principles of honesty and integrity for which the Piano Technicians Guild stands.
3. I will represent my education, training, experience and area of expertise honestly and accurately.
4. I will uphold the Mission, Objectives and Principles of the Piano Technicians Guild.
5. I will render the best possible service under the circumstances, always keeping the best interests of my client in mind.
6. I will use the name and trademarks of the Piano Technicians Guild properly and will encourage others to do the same.
7. I will strive to upgrade my professional skills and I will encourage and help others to do the same.
8. I will promote good will towards my profession and towards the music industry.
9. I will engage only in business practices that are in accord with the antitrust guidelines as set forth by the Piano Technicians Guild.